Pages

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Stitching that I love



A few posts ago, I was going great guns to make a dress for my great niece’s birthday on July 11. Tonight I made the buttonholes and stitched the hem.  The dress is done - yay!  Today is July 7, so it would seem that I’m right on track…..with one minor major hitch:  even if I package it up tonight and mail it tomorrow, it won’t be in Perth, Western Australia by Monday, or even by {probably} the following Monday.  I could kick myself now for the days when I let other things get in the way of my progress, especially since I cut it out and prepped it to take along as hand work for my trip to South Africa way back in early May.

Instead of kicking myself too much, I must stop and look at this little dress and think what it means:  I accomplished “something smocked” again, which is really awesome!  I also found it’s still a form of stitching I really, really love, love, love!

And happy birthday, precious Rebecca! How can you already be a grown up 3-years old?

Front view - this style can also be a jumper
or pinafore. Since it's winter in Perth now
it may well start out that way and later
become a sundress!
The back crosses over.




No comments:

Post a Comment