Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Visitors at my bottle tree



Last week I was in the kitchen early, making a cup of {coffee} and as I was waiting for it to brew, I walked over to the bay window and absent mindedly looked out into the back yard.

I was happily surprised to see no less than THREE deer sniffing my bottle tree!!!

I watched for a couple of seconds, but just had to run for a camera.  When I got back, 2 of the deer had moved on, but I did snap these.  {Not so good, early morning light-cell phone camera combo.}

Deer are regular visitors in our yards these days.  It hasn't always been that way.  It excites the soul to see these majestic creatures roaming or leaping with their family in tow.  But, alas, when they eat our beautiful, healthy daffodils, impatiens or hosta down to the nub, they leave one a little bit a lot with mixed feelings  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment