Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

A New Undertaking



I used to say I had not had a complete day if I had not held a needle and done some sewing. It has been a long time since I spent any time in my sewing room creating much of anything. Today is a landmark day because I hand sewed 15 little pins, starting a new fundraiser to help with the crisis in Japan.  I did something similar last year for Haiti to raise money and it was quite successful {that was my one little sewing burst in the middle of a long drought!}
I'll make more pins as I have time this week, and I'll work on a source to sell them. I will also contact my church about having them send the money through appropriate channels. I need to work on a goal as it helps me to think, "I'm going to make 5 pins every night after work" and then do it.
Swiss batiste left over from a christening gown, buttons, a random spool of red wire, recycled beads, French knots in DMC thread: these were some of the materials I used.  It was a complete day again!

No comments:

Post a Comment