Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Well traveled

This has been an interesting week. 
It's only half over.
It feels as if I've packed a ton into it already. 
I said to someone that it feels like a rollercoaster.... it's moving that way, up and down, just like the stock market.

Today I came home to find a package literally stuffed into my mailbox.  
There was that momentary euphoria one gets when you think you're getting {a nice surprise} in the mail and in a nanosecond you wonder :: 
Who's it from?  What can it be?

I flipped it over and it took a few seconds to register.  
OH NO!! 
It can't be. 

This is the little dress I made for Rebecca 
and mailed to Australia in July...
late and no way then to make it in time for her birthday.
My niece told me a week ago that it still hadn't arrived. 
I was starting to really worry.
I've had things to Africa get lost stolen, but Australia?
I was pretty sure I had the right address.

But no, I'm one digit off the street number.
Their mailman didn't figure it out.
Oy.

I'll be making a trip to the PO tomorrow.  
I'll do it gladly because I want it to get there this time.
As disappointed as I am, what a blessing that it's still making the rounds!
I sure hope it makes it this time.

With the correct street number, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment