Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gladness


I like Thursdays. 

There’s no pressure to be at work early so I can dawdle as I get ready in the morning. 

Today was an exquisite morning; I had the windows wide open.  I gazed upon nature’s palette in my back garden while squirrels scampered noisily up trees, chipmunks squawked rhythmically and birdsong filled the yet chilly air that was gently blowing in my net curtains. 

When it came time to leave, I was mindlessly scurrying down the driveway when I had the presence of mind to take in the scene that is my front yard, and stop my car.

I saw an opportunity I should not miss.  I fumbled for my camera.  The sun was streaming through the trees.  The light was perfect as it filtered through leaves and flower petals.

As I left my driveway, I exclaimed out loud, This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!  Psalm 118:24



 This, in turn, made me feel close to my precious mother, ailing across oceans because this is her mantra on glorious African mornings.  I phoned her at the first red light I came to, put her on speaker phone and she rode with me in conversation to work. 

It was a very special conversation for I had the pleasure of telling her I’ll be coming to see her next month!


Add caption

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photography!! And, as it happens, that saying...This is the Day the Lord has made.....is exactly what my mother says every morning with her caregivers...

    ReplyDelete