Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You win some, you break some





I had a wonderful weekend. Sunday was Easter and I spent a long weekend in Raleigh with Susannah. She’ll graduate in a couple of weeks, and I’m so proud of all her accomplishments. It was a great time to share with her right before she completes her final graphic design project for a student art show next week and then writes her finals.


She had special things to “show” me in Raleigh. One was a delightful bead and craft shop called Ornamentea.   I could have stayed for hours on end and quite easily spent $100. They sell the sorts of things that I totally groove on.  The wares in that store and the colors….oh man - they made the senses that are me go berserk to want to make something SO badly!







We also went to the relatively new North Carolina Museum of Art and poked around for a couple of hours having a gorgeous mother-daughter time. I asked Susannah, with all the learning she’s acquired in the arts, to teach me some neat things, which she did, and so it was a great learning visit for me.  Love-loved it!  The weather was amazing so we enjoyed meandering through the sculpture gardens and admiring the water lilies.







 Easter brunch was at Humble Pie, outside under the colorful umbrellas. As we left, our path home took us right by the Red Cross Disaster Relief team passing out Easter lunches to tornado victims whose homes and college dorms are still unlivable from the storms that were just one week ago. We also saw the heart rending damage.



Then tonight, back home, as I took down my Easter decorations, I was clumsy and I broke my favorite bowl, made when I took pottery.  I don’t know why I liked it so much – the sgraffito leaves and the greens and the yellow border I think. I don’t know how likely it will be that I’ll take pottery ever again, so I’m bummed about it. 



 Yet, really. 
I know. 
I'm so blessed.
It’s only a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment