Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Lily of the valley

Today I walked around the side of my house picking up a few sticks as I went.  I noticed something deliciously fragrant and looked over to where the lily of the valley grow.  To my delight, they were blooming!


My dear mother-in-law gave me a few little plants from her garden about twenty something years ago and now I have a nice stand of them and can pick a hearty little nosegay, which I did this evening after work.  I was having a neighbor over with her potluck and mine to eat dinner so we enjoyed the glorious little blooms on the table. And we always have tea when we're together!
I must remember to send a photo to Katherine who made the vase in pottery class and to Colleen whom I will always associate with lily of the valley {she's a stitching friend who, way back when, made her babies' christening gown with lily of the valley lace!}

And a note to self: if and when I move, take some of these plants with me....

3 comments:

  1. Great blog!! Wonderful photos...you are indeed an artist all around..Yeah you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is terrific! You take wonderful photographs. I can smell the beautiful fragrance of your lilies of the valley just by seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were blogging until I read your comment on Quinn's blog. Love yours. The photos are wonderful. I'll visit often!

    ReplyDelete